About Banyan Tree
Banyan Tree Advisors is a SEBI registered Portfolio Management Service (PMS) Company established in 2004, and based in Bangalore & Mumbai. We are value investors and invest our client money in equities of listed companies with an objective of growing their wealth over long term. We have a 15 year track record of consistent and superior performance due to our disciplined investment approach.
Upload your CV
- Role: Research Analyst
- Team: Research & Portfolio Management
- Reports To: Head of Research
- Location: Bangalore / Mumbai (First preference – Bangalore)
- The key deliverable will be to maintain in-depth, timely and high quality research on companies within our investible universe and support the Portfolio Managers to make investment decisions.
The responsibilities include:
- Creation of financial models from scratch (most times manually) and analyze companies’ historic performance based on these models.
- Interact with managements of companies, attend conferences/management calls and build investment hypotheses and present to the internal team of analysts and Portfolio Managers.
- Maintain and update the financial models on a quarterly basis and update the team on any new developments on the performance of these companies.
- Identify and present new investible ideas that fit our investment philosophy.
- Gather, populate and analyse industry-level and macro-economic data which is used by the research team on a regular basis. The role also involves periodic updating of these datasets and draw insights from the said datasets and present it to the team.
- Work with the research team to analyse industry and company-specific trends, gather information and enhance research process.
- Excellent understanding of financial statements and business economics
- Strong understanding of accounting concepts
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Energetic, proactive and hardworking
- Advanced level of Microsoft Excel and use of technology
- CA / CFA/ MBA
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience in equity research
- Strong academic track record
- We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage diversity in the work place
- A healthy work life balance
- Flexibility – Everyone is encouraged to manage their time effectively in line with their commitments
- Excellent learning and growth potential
- Strong value system
- Role: Intern – Equity Research
Interns typically work alongside analysts on live projects that the analysts are typically working on. An intern’s project could vary from industry/sector study to company specific analysis and extends to assisting the analyst in various capacities such as data gathering, data analysis, preparation of presentations, etc.
- On industry projects, interns will be responsible to do a basic framework analysis on a specific industry/sector/sub-sector. The project includes data gathering, drawing insights from said data and analysing specific companies within the industry in India. It may also extend to analysing the industry globally or in different countries.
- On company specific projects, the interns will be responsible to cover the business and financial aspects of a specific company along with its peers in the domestic and global markets.
- The above projects may culminate with a presentation where the intern is maybe required to present the findings through a slide deck to the research team.
- Assist the analysts in carrying out research on companies (part of portfolio as well as prospective ideas) and extends to gathering data (micro/macro level).
- Interns role may also involve gathering related macroeconomic/industry specific data that is required by the analyst. Interns may also be responsible to track news flow, reports or any additional information that can help the research team on companies under coverage.
The desired candidate should:
- Have basic knowledge and understanding of accounts and reading balance sheets, profit & loss statements and possess strong analytical skills
- Be passionate about research related to listed Indian stocks and eager to learn about different industries/companies
- Have strong presentation skills and should be well versed with MS Excel
- Post graduates (holder of Master’s degree) in the field of economics/finance/commerce or students who are currently pursuing post-graduate studies (Master’s) in the field of economics/finance/commerce
- Prefer candidates who have CFA Level 1/Level 2 or CA Inter
Duration of Internship: 1 to 3 months (Flexible)