This section provides details on the documentation and procedure to open an account with Banyan Tree Advisors. As per Indian regulations, we are required to open a bank account, a demat account and a trading account in the name of the investor. We also get the account managed through a SEBI registered custodian. This is extremely safe in the long run, but one needs to spend about half an hour doing the paper work to set it up. We can help you with the paper work, but your time upfront, though required, is well worth it in the long run.
The procedure is as follows.
- Send us a scanned copy of your PAN Card, Address Proof (Passport/Aadhaar/Voter ID) and Photo of the proposed account holder/s and nominee, if any.
- Based on the above, we will prepare the required paper work and set up an appointment to visit you for signatures.
- The documentation, which may look a lot has the following
- Bank Account Opening form
- Demat Account Opening form
- Broker Trading Account Opening form
- Agreement with Banyan Tree Advisors and KYC papers
- Letter appointing the Custodian
There are about 50 signatures, and you may need to set aside about 20 minutes to complete the paper work.
- The PAN Card, ID proof and Address proof needs to be verified in original by the bank/us. Let us know a suitable time and we will visit you and complete the ‘In Person Verification’.
- IMPORTANT : You need to keep the originals of the PAN Card, Passport and address proof at the time of the ‘In Person Verification’.
- On completion of the paper work, the account should normally be ready in about 7 days.
- For NRI account holders, there are a few additional forms which will come along with the account opening documents.